Friday, September 19, 2008

Ready and Waiting

Greg and I are in a hotel in Little Rock. Our bags are packed. Our passports and visas are in our possession. Hopefully we will get a good nights sleep and be ready to head to the airport early tomorrow.
It has taken a long time to get to this point and right now, I'm not really sure how I am feeling about it all. Excited, nervous, happy, sad. Regardless of how I feel, and no matter what happens along the journey, I'll just keep trusting God and strive to live in the center of His will!

We had a farewell dinner with my family. Dad, Mom, Tristan, Janie, Addie, Genny, Megan, Eric, Greg and I (we missed you Perry!) met in Little Rock and enjoyed some time just visiting and being together. Those good hugs will have to last me for a long time, but the love of family is very sustaining. I am abundantly blessed by my family! Needless to say, the goodbyes were bittersweet. I know they all support us, but that doesn't mean no tears.

We expect to arrive in Natal early Sunday afternoon. So, Lord willing, my next post will be written in Brazil.

2 comments:

  1. I was very proud of myself - I didn't cry until I was headed home, and then only because a song came on the radio that touched a chord. Blessings to you and Greg. I'm proud of you and miss you already! Love, Genny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very proud of myself - I didn't cry until I was headed home, and then only because a song came on the radio that touched a chord. Blessings to you and Greg. I'm proud of you and miss you already! Love, Genny

    ReplyDelete