Sunday, September 14, 2008

Isaiah 55

8"My thoughts are completely different from yours," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 9For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
10"The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. 11It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. 12You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! 13Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where briers grew, myrtles will sprout up. This miracle will bring great honor to the LORD's name; it will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.


It has been more than two months now that we have been waiting to get into Brazil and begin our work at the church in Natal.
Recently I have been drawn to these verses. Although we don't understand why we were denied volunteer visas to Brazil, we have put ourselves into God's hands and we are trusting Him with the details. And I also have to remember that He will plant the seeds and produce the harvest without me. I am not essential to His work, but my love and obedience are essential to my relationship with Him.

We hope to have news in the next few days about our next step, so please keep watching and praying with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment