Friday, May 25, 2007

busy, busy, busy

We began reading yesterday and it was great. We started our day at 8 a.m. with a team devo and ended at 9 p.m. According to Brazilian culture, we took a 2 hour lunch break so that really helps us get through such a long day, along with a few short breaks. I read with 8 different people I should have 15 total before long. The people here are very warm and friendly and easy to converse with. We have a lot of college students signed up, and I have a little experience relating to college students so I feel that I will be able to make some good relationships. I had some great conversations. So many of the people are very open to discuss their personal life.
We had the day off today and while the others took care of some shopping, I stayed at the apartment and did some laundry. It was nice to have a slow morning. This afternoon we went to a street market and tonight we are going to a birthday party of one of the church members. Even though we have a day off from reading, we still have lots of work to tend to taking care of our personal needs and building relationships with the church members. One of the church members is our angel! His name is Bob (not really, but that's what we call him). He was a reader several years ago and now he is a very active member of the church. He has taken us everywhere we need to go and is often available to give us direction and translation. He is amazing and so giving. LST means a lot to him.
There is so much more to tell but I will have to do that another time because I need to get ready to go.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful so far! I'm so excited for you guys and the things in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got around to logging on. The pix of the breach is great. I know you guys are busy but it's always great to be busy. Breaks are good, too.
    Carleen, my wife, has an infected tooth so I spent most of the day with her at the dentist and the doctor.
    We had Ellie last night but she was fussy. She acts like she is trying to cut teeth but she is only 9 weeks old.
    Tonight is the last night of our class on Marriage Matters. Harley Sisson is our teacher so I made him an award certificate as "Teechur of the Qwarter".
    Tonight is congregational dinner, too. I will have lots to clean up tomorrow.
    Love you guys. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some old guys don't spel two gud. That should be "pix of the beach" but I know you knew that.

    ReplyDelete